Monday 25 April 2011

"This Ain't No Disco... It Ain't No Country Club Either..."

So with Easter almost over, it’s time to get back on the road!

I’m looking forward to going to LA this week. I’m speaking at the Worldwide Radio Summit, which a new conference that is jointly put together by A&R Worldwide and the great US radio / music information portal that is ‘All Access’.

I’m taking part in a session with entitled “Around The World – Radio Across All Continents” which, as you’ll have guessed by now, is looking at both the differences and similarities between different markets, giving delegates a snapshot of each different territory. I’m focusing on the UK and highlighting what makes the market here so interesting. During my research I’ve uncovered some nice facts, which I’ll share here after the session. (Don’t want to spoil the ‘big reveals’!)

There’s a good few Brits heading out to LA, so I’ll be in good company, along with some great US speakers, including the ubiquitous Mark Ramsey, Jeff Pollack, Fred Jacobs, Ken Benson, Alan Burns, Valerie Geller, and Rick Dees. Yes... that one, who’s taking part in a session about on-air talent development. Should be good!

You can be sure I’ll post a review of the conference here once it’s all done and dusted, and bring you some of the best bits. Plus I’ll no doubt be tweeting during the session. (You can follow me @nikgoodman)

Meanwhile, if you’re coming along to the conference... come and say hello! and of course if you're holidaying anywhere near the ‘W Hollywood’ later this week... do stop by!

No comments: